Hiway Federal Credit Union
"Hockey Kids 4 Kids"
1. ELIGIBILITY. The Hiway Federal Credit Union® ("Hiway") "Hockey Kids4Kids" Promotion (the "Promotion") is open only to youth hockey teams in Minnesota certified by Minnesota Hockey, the governing body of youth hockey in Minnesota. The Promotion is void outside Minnesota and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Minnesota Wild Hockey Club, L.P. (“Wild”), its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate families (defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings, grandparents, and their respective spouses) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of each such employee, officer and director, are not eligible to enter. The Promotion, and any website pages and advertisements relating thereto, is intended for viewing only within the eligible Promotion territory, and entrants must be present in the eligible Promotion territory at the time they enter. Wild and Hiway collectively shall be the “Promotion Entities”.
2. TIMING. The Promotion begins at 7:00 pm Central Time (“CT”) on Tuesday, November 14, 2017, and ends at 11:59 p.m. CT on Saturday, February 10, 2018 (“Promotion Period”). Wild’s computer is the official timekeeping device for the Promotion.
Wild and Hiway reserves the right to alter, suspend, modify or terminate the Promotion, the Promotion Period and/or the Entry Period in its sole discretion and without notice for any reason.
3. HOW TO ENTER. Eligible teams as outlined in Section 1 must (1) complete your team registration at hockeykids4kids.org; (2) create your team's donor page on Gillette Children's Specialty Healthcare HockeyKids4Kids event page; (3) submit your fundraiser donation via your team’s Gillette Children's Specialty Healthcare donor page during the promotion period as outlined in Section 2. All teams completing the 3 steps above will have the opportunity to attend one of two skate parties at the Xcel Energy Center, dates TBD in late February or early March. Teams that raise a minimum of $500 will also be eligible for the random drawing to win a prize package provided by Hiway and the Wild. All team members are expected to participate in the fundraising efforts and/or support the Promotion. Registration must include team name, classification under Minnesota Hockey, contact information including name, address, telephone number and email address and a description of the proposed fundraising efforts. You may also enter by sending in a 4 x 6 card with your team name, classification under Minnesota Hockey, contact information including name, address, telephone number and email address to Hiway Hockey Kids4Kids, 840 Westminster St, St Paul, MN 55130. One entry allowed per team.
During the Entry Period, go to hockeykids4kids.org to find the Official Rules and Promotion description. By actively participating in the Promotion, participants agree to the Official Rules.
a. LIMIT: All entrants are subject to verification prior to the awarding of a prize, as are the eligibility, age and other claims of/information provided by a potential prize winner. See Section 13 below ("Data Collection") regarding data collected in connection with an entrant's ability to opt-out of /opt-in to receiving marketing and promotional materials. The winning team(s) must be accredited by Minnesota Hockey. All participants must fill out a release form if they are on the winning team(s) as determined at the sole discretion of Promotion Entities.
4. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES AND DECISIONS. By participating in the Promotion, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Promotion Entities (including, without limitation, decisions regarding eligibility of entries, the selection of entrants and the winners, and the awarding of prizes), which are final and binding in all respects.
5. PARTICIPATION CONDUCT: Participating teams may be disqualified from participating in the Promotion at the sole discretion of Hiway and its affiliates, for any reason at any time. Any act performed by participants defined by Federal, State or Local statute or ordinance as constituting a criminal act may result in disqualification from Promotion. At the sole discretion of Hiway, if a participant or participating team uses profanity, racial or sexist remarks, demonstrates discrimination in any way, uses deceitful methods to raise money or does not provide conduct in keeping with the mission of the Promotion, Hiway shall have the right to disqualify participant from Promotion. At the sole discretion of Hiway, if a participant creates a potential for death, disability, injury, property damage or any other negative incident during Promotion or during his/her participation in Promotion, Hiway shall have the right to disqualify participant and/or participating team from Promotion. A disqualification will result in forfeiture of any prize that may have been awarded.
By participating, each participant (i) understands that Hiway has not arranged for and does not carry any insurance of any kind for participant’s benefit and that participant will be solely responsible for obtaining and paying for any medical, life, accident, automobile, property or other insurance relative to his/her participation in Promotion; (ii) agrees that he/she will obey all applicable laws and otherwise expose himself/herself or any other individual, whether participating in the Promotion or not, to harm or danger of any kind; (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless Hiway and its affiliates from any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, death, to persons, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participating in the Promotion; and (iv) agrees to indemnify Hiway and its affiliates from any losses, liabilities or expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any claims, proceedings or investigations arising from or in connection with participant’s participation in Promotion or compliance or non-compliance with these Official Promotion Rules.
6. HOW WINNER WILL BE DETERMINED: The one (1) grand prize winning team (the “Grand Prize Winner”) will be selected in a random drawing by an independent party from among all eligible entries on approximately February 12, 2018, and will be contacted by phone or email on or about February 13, 2018. Decisions of Hiway with respect to Grand Prize Winner and other matters pertaining to the Promotion shall be final. Legal guardians of prospective Grand Prize Winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability and publicity (where permitted), and return same, properly executed, within five (5) days of issuance of prize notification. If Hiway is unable to contact the prospective Grand Prize Winner within three (3) days from first notification attempt, if the prospective Grand Prize Winner fails to complete and return all requested forms by the specified date, or if the prospective Grand Prize Winner fails to comply with any of the requirements, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate prospective Grand Prize Winner shall be selected. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
7. PRIZE. Subject to the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, one (1) grand prize winning team will receive a team party in a 30-person suite during the Minnesota Wild game on Sunday, March 4th, 2018. The prize includes tickets for 30 persons, food, non-alcoholic beverages, memorabilia, a meet-and-greet with a Wild player(s), a pregame tour of the Xcel Energy Center and a visit by the team mascot to the suite. The Approximate Retail Value of the Grand Prize is $4,500.
Winners are solely responsible for any and all costs, fees, taxes and expenses associated with prize award, receipt and use, including, without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes on the prize and any travel costs that may be incurred. All costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with any element of the grand prize not specifically addressed above are the sole responsibility of each winner.
All prizes must be accepted as awarded, and prize is awarded “AS IS” with no warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, made by Promotion Entities or for which Promotion Entities shall be liable, including, without limitation, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. No substitution, assignment, refund or transfer of a prize is permitted, except by Wild, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or a component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of greater or equal value, including cash, if a prize is not available for any reason as determined by Wild in its sole discretion. Winners receiving $600 or more of total prizes during the Promotion are required to be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the value of the prizes received.
8. PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Promotion constitutes entrant’s consent to Hiway’s, Wild’s and Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare (and their respective designees’, successors’ and assigns’) use of entrant’s name, biography, likeness, voice, photographs, video, opinions, statements, hometown, state and country for promotional purposes in any manner or media (including, without limitation, online), worldwide, in perpetuity, and without further payment, consideration, notice, review or consent.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Promotion Entities reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion if, in their opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Promotion, or if viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical difficulties or failures or any other factor beyond Promotion Entities’ reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion. In such event, Promotion Entities reserve the right (but do not have the obligation) in their sole discretion to award prizes at random from among eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of suspected impairment. Promotion Entities reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and, should such an attempt be made, Promotion Entities reserve the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Promotion Entities’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision or any other provision of these Official Rules.
10. RELEASE. By entering, each entrant forever and irrevocably releases and holds harmless Promotion Entities, their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective agents, advertising and promotion agencies, Promotion partners and prize suppliers, and all of their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents from and against all claims, damages or liabilities arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation and/or entry in the Promotion and/or entrant’s award, receipt or use of any prize awarded in the Promotion.
11. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. Promotion Entities are not responsible for: (a) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information or late, lost, stolen, unintelligible, illegible, damaged, mutilated, altered, incomplete, misdirected or postage due entries or entries received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer online systems, computer equipment, website, server provider, network, hardware or software; (c) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any website or service; (d) unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (e) printing, typographical, electronic or human errors which may occur in the offer or administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion, or from viewing, playing or downloading any material from the Wild’s website(s), regardless of whether the material was prepared by the Wild or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to the Wild’s respective websites by a hypertext link.
12. DISPUTES. Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in a federal or state court located in Minneapolis or St. Paul, Minnesota; entrant submits to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts in the State of Minnesota for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant or Hiway in connection with the Promotion shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Minnesota, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules of provisions (whether of the State of Minnesota, the United States, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Minnesota.
14. OFFICIAL RULES. These Official Rules are available at hockeykids4kids.org or by sending a self-addressed postage-stamped envelope to “Hiway Federal Credit Union Hockey Kids4Kids Rules Request,” Hiway Federal Credit Union, 840 Westminster St, St Paul, MN 55130
16. WINNERS LIST. A list of the winner of this Promotion will be available after the Promotion Period through April 1, 2018 by visiting hockeykids4kids.org or by sending a self-addressed postage-stamped envelope to “Hiway Federal Credit Union Hockey Kids4Kids Winners” , 840 Westminster St, St Paul, MN 55130.